Tuesday, June 17, 2008

getting started




ok, so i am new at this, but think it will be a great way for our long distance family and friends to keep up with our busy lives. thanks to carmen, kathy, mary ellen and lara for the inspiration. summer is flying by already. we have spent the last three weekends at the lake and next weekend is mimi camp. should be tons of fun!

where we are now: phil and i celebrated 10 years of marriage in january of this year; luke william is now 39 months and mark rhoades is 19 months. both are completely wild and, oh yeah, they are featured in a line of frames on sale now at wal-mart (i am a little bit proud!). we are in the midst of a painting project -- our house turns 100 years old this year. it was gold for about 50 years, peach for the next 50 and by the end of this week will be brown. we are really excited about how it is looking. pictures soon...

here are a couple of pictures that are pretty funny - one is luke @ hog bash 2006 and one is mark @ hog bash 2008. behold the LAST smocked outfit ever to be worn by a brissey boy!

5 comments:

Carmen said...

I am so excited you have joined the ranks! I'll be checking back often.

Kathy said...

I LOVE it, you are off to a great start! I didn't realize your house turns 100!!! When's the birthday party?

Anonymous said...

I am a bit sad about the last of the smocked outfits! :-) Seriously., I love the boys and look forward to Mimi Camp!

Also, I can't wait to see the 100 year old house in a new paint color!

Lara Marie said...

Nice work Laura! I love it and the pictures are priceless. Connally and Cate can not wait to see their boys when we come up there for the fourth! We will see y'all soon!

Trip Rowley said...

Kathy sent me your blog address and I'm so glad she did. Your kids are adorable and getting so big! Next time you guys are in Dallas let's try to get together. We'll be in Batesville in about a month, so hopefully we'll see you then. Mandi